SubjectRe: [BUG] New arm scmi check in linux-next causing rk3568 not to boot due to firmware bug

OK I missed to read the above properly earlier. If scmi probe failure is
resulting in Linux boot failure, then that is another bug that needs fixing.
Why does not getting CPU clock block the boot. I would like to see the boot
logs. I considered this issue to be non-fatal and must be just ending up
disabling all SCMI communication. But the reported issue is boot failure
which sounds like another/different bug and I would like that to be fixed
first before we push the workaround for the reported issue so that it is
not ignored.

Has anyone analysed why the absence of CPU clock results in boot failure ?
Are you running the upstream kernel itself ?

--
Regards,
Sudeep

  Last update: 2022-05-05 12:12    [W:0.091 / U:0.100 seconds]