SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] arm64: s32g changes for v5.19
 Hi Arnd,

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 08:58:47AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 8:21 AM Chester Lin <clin@suse.com> wrote:

> > s32g changes for v5.19

> > Chester Lin (1):
> > MAINTAINERS: add a new reviewer for S32G
> >
> > Fabio Estevam (1):
> > Pass unit name to soc node to fix the following W=1 build warning:
>
> The patches look fine, but there are a few minor problems with the
> submission:
>
> - The branch is based on top of a random commit from the mainline repository,
> you should instead always base this on top of an -rc tag in order to not
> clutter up the git history or make bisection unnecessarily hard. My 'arm/late'
> branch is currently based on a random commit 16477cdfefdb ("Merge tag
> 'asm-generic-5.19' of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/asm-generic")
> as well, but this is an exception and I will explain it when I send the pull
> request ;-)

Thanks for your guidance and sorry for any inconvenience this causes. I will
wait for the next cycle.

> - The tag description is only a single line, there should be at least some
> content in here. Please have a look at other merge commits to see what
> you can put in here. For a small number of independent patches like

Sure, I will describe more information.

> these two, you can also just forward them to soc@kernel.org as
> individual emails without a tag.
>
> - The subject lines of the individual emails should have the right namespace
> listed in them, e.g. 'arm64: s32g: ...'. Fabio's patch originally had
> this, but it looks like the entire subject line got lost.

Sorry for the missing subject line. Will fix it.

> - The subject for the pull request indicates that this is meant as your normal
> submission, but this is the wrong time for that, because the merge window
> is currently open. At this point, only bugfixes get merged, but I do classify
> MAINTAINERS changes as bugfixes, so this is actually ok, just change the
> subject.

Thanks for the reminder.

> Please address these and resend.
>
> Arnd

  Last update: 2022-05-30 15:00    [W:0.088 / U:0.028 seconds]