SubjectRe: linux-next: wireless for-next branches
Date
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> writes:

> On Fri, 27 May 2022 11:58:03 +0300 Kalle Valo <kvalo@kernel.org> wrote:
>>
>> We are experimenting how we could take "next-next" patches during merge
>> windows and avoid accumulation of patches for the period which is in
>> practice three weeks for wireless patches. To do that could you please
>> change linux-next to pull from wireless trees for-next branches instead
>> of main branches? So the new locations are:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless.git for-next
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-next.git for-next
>>
>> The idea we have is that wireless-next for-next branch is not updated
>> during the merge window and then the "next-next" patches will not be
>> included in linux-next until the merge window has closed.
>
> OK, I have switched to using those branches.

Great, thank you Stephen. I now took the first patch[1] to wireless-next
main branch but you should not see it in for-next branch until the merge
window is closed.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-next.git/commit/?id=d092de2c28dcf752890252dedefed98f00a631fe

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

  Last update: 2022-05-30 10:57    [W:0.060 / U:0.040 seconds]