SubjectRe: [v5 12/14] iio: imu: add BNO055 serdev driver
Il giorno mar 3 mag 2022 alle ore 09:48 Andrea Merello
<andrea.merello@gmail.com> ha scritto:

[...]

> > You need to add a C-file with the only line
> >
> > #include <..._trace.h>
> >
> > And drop that include from the _core.c.
>
> Hum, I'm a bit confused here: the bno055_ser_core.c file explicitly
> looks for that tracepoints (e.g. it calls trace_send_chunks() and
> friends); dropping the include prevents build here because there would
> be no definition for those tracepoints.
>
> There is already a C file bno055_ser_trace.c that just contains the
> said include and it defines CREATE_TRACE_POINTS; I see other drivers
> like dwc3 do the same..

Oops.. it turned out that I just had this almost-empty C file as
untracked in my git tree, and it ended up not being included in
patches also. Being it laying in my src tree caused the build to
succeed.

I have been misled by the other problem I (still) have (below); I was
focused on the wrong thing, sorry.

> But my problem is that I cannot reproduce the issue found by the bot:
> the compiler that is downloaded by the script doesn't run on my build
> box because it wants a newer libc (I was hoping that those compilers
> were statically linked, but they aren't), while any other attempt I
> did with other older compilers resulted in either successful build or
> failed with other weird, apparently unrelated, errors about relocation
> issues (of course I tried with the arch and config used by the build
> bot).
>
> Is there any build farm publicly available or something like that?
>
> > --
> > With Best Regards,
> > Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2022-05-03 15:31    [W:0.172 / U:0.956 seconds]