SubjectRe: iwlwifi keep crashing the kernel
From
Hi Randy and other developers,

First, let me express my appreciation to Randy for forwarding my message
to the mail list. However, given the mail list forwarded message doesn't
have the correct log file attached, I uploaded the content of the log
file to an online pastebin[1]. I hope this would help.

Sincerely,

Tommy Zhang

[1]
https://privatebin.net/?2979a1a54678734a#B1RS2ZnEKiNtMKfShJxung5LtodEyGbBStQTp23T9J6C

On 5/26/22 15:41, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> [CAUTION: Non-UBC Email]
>
> [add linux-wireless]
>
> On 5/25/22 21:33, Tommy Zhang wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I hope this email finds you well. I'm running ArchLinux with kernel
>> 5.17.9-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT on ThinkPad T440 with product code
>> 20B6002XCD. The OEM wireless adapter malfunctioned previously;
>> therefore, I have upgraded it to Intel AC-7260, the latest FRU-capable
>> wireless adapter I could find on the market. However, the iwlwifi module
>> recently kept causing kernel panics which freezes the system incurring
>> disruption and data loss. It reads from the kernel log that there is a
>> kernel BUG at line 379 of mm/slub.c, which is attached to this email.
>> Before filing a bug in Bugzilla, I'd like to hear advice and comments
>> from Linux-wireless. Please feel free to reply to this thread if
>> anything is worth sharing.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Tommy Zhang
> --
> ~Randy

  Last update: 2022-05-27 05:15    [W:0.182 / U:0.016 seconds]