SubjectRe: RFC: Memory Tiering Kernel Interfaces (v2)
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 4:48 AM Jonathan Cameron
<Jonathan.Cameron@huawei.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2022 17:47:33 +1000
> Alistair Popple <apopple@nvidia.com> wrote:
>
> > Wei Xu <weixugc@google.com> writes:

> > > Great. So the consensus is to go with the "rank" approach. The above
> > > sounds good to me as a starting point.
> >
> > The rank approach seems good to me too.
>
> Rank is good, but I do slightly worry about accidentally defining ABI
> that people care about with the particular numbers used for the initial ranks.
>
> Maybe just x100 on all of them to allow things in between with no change to
> this initial set of 3? So 0, 100, 200

I strongly support this, which is also my original intention for rank
values. I'd suggest to even remove 0 to avoid it becoming a special
value that userspace depends on.

> Jonathan
>

> > - Alistair

  Last update: 2022-05-25 17:34    [W:0.080 / U:0.248 seconds]