SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] slab for 5.19
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 3:01 PM Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@suse.cz> wrote:

> Yes, running rcutorture will trigger that stackdepot allocation, but as
> that's in RCU debugging part of config, I considered it in the same
> category as enabling slub debugging.

Yeah, I don't think rcutorture is a problem per se, it was more an
example of a random interaction that doesn't actually seem to make
much sense.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing in rcutorture that actually
wants that stack trace, and it seems to be doing just a test of the
object dumping working.

So it was more the oddity and randomness of it that made me go
"Whaah?" There might be others hiding elsewhere, that rcutorture use
just happened to use the flag explicitly.

Linus

  Last update: 2022-05-26 01:08    [W:6.083 / U:0.704 seconds]