SubjectRe: Is it time to remove reiserfs?
Hi!

> > > So from my distro experience installed userbase of reiserfs is pretty small
> > > and shrinking. We still do build reiserfs in openSUSE / SLES kernels but
> > > for enterprise offerings it is unsupported (for like 3-4 years) and the module
> > > is not in the default kernel rpm anymore.
> >
> > I believe I've seen reiserfs in recent Arch Linux ARM installation on
> > PinePhone. I don't really think you can remove a feature people are
> > using.
>
> Well, if someone uses Reiserfs they better either migrate to some other
> filesystem or start maintaining it. It is as simple as that because
> currently there's nobody willing to invest resources in it for quite a few
> years and so it is just a question of time before it starts eating people's
> data (probably it already does in some cornercases, as an example there are
> quite some syzbot reports for it)...

Yes people should migrate away from Reiserfs. I guess someone should
break the news to Arch Linux ARM people.

But I believe userbase is bigger than you think and it will not be
possible to remove reiserfs anytime soon.

Best regards,
Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

  Last update: 2022-04-04 12:07    [W:2.119 / U:0.004 seconds]