SubjectRe: [proc/sysctl] 1dd38979b2: BUG:kernel_NULL_pointer_dereference,address
On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 04:57:26PM -0700, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 04:34:34PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > Jesh, yeah I see.

> > > Well Keew as OK with it, but I yeah I can't decipher the issue at this
> > > point in time.

> > > At a quick glance, yes it could very well by vduse_init() is messy and
> > > races somehow with init, but if a race does lurk here my instincts tell
> > > me this can't be the only place.
> > >
> > > Not sure if leaving a patch in place more time to see how else things
> > > can explode is worth it.
> >
> > Confused. Are you thinking that the above-linked patch was somehow
> > involved in this crash? If so, but how? All it does it to permit
> > unprivileged reads to four ints via proc_dointvec_minmax()?
>
> If the priv allows for it access to dereferencing a pointer is allowed.
> How that race happens though, indeed is beyond the patch's fault.

Even so, I am 99.99% sure this is a driver bug then. And so if enabling
this patch just enables more driver bugs so be it.

So driver maintainers: please take a look, I tried to check but
the driver bug is not obvious to me yet.

Luis

  Last update: 2022-04-26 06:26    [W:0.066 / U:0.396 seconds]