SubjectRe: refactor the i915 GVT support and move to the modern mdev API v3
Date
Hi folks:

Thanks so much for the efforts. I prepared a branch which contains all our patches.The aim of the branch is for the VFIO maintainers to pull the whole bunch easily after the drm-intel-next got merged through drm (as one of the MMIO patches depends on a patch in drm-intel-next).

I dropped patch 4 and patch 5 as they have been covered by Jani's patches. Some conflicts was solved.
QA is going to test it today.

You can find it here:

git clone https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux -b for-christoph

Thanks,
Zhi.

On 4/13/22 3:58 PM, Jani Nikula wrote:

>>> Hi Christoph:
>>>
>>> Do you want me to merge the GVT-g patches in this series? Or you want them to get merged from your side?
>>
>> The two option here are drm tree via gvt and i915 trees or the vfio
>> tree, neither of which really is my tree.
>>
>> We already have a fair bit of vfio changes at the tail end of the series,
>> and Jason has some more that should sit on top of it, and I have some
>> more that I haven't sent yet.
>>
>> So if we could get the MMIO table and Makefile cleanups into a topic
>> branch that we could pull into the vfio tree and merge it through that
>> that would seem easiest to me, assuming that is ok with the i915, drm
>> and vfio maintainers.
>
> AFAICS the changes are mostly to gvt/, and at least I'm fine with the
> minor changes to i915 (in this series and in my two patches) being
> merged via whichever tree you all see fit.
>
> Acked-by: Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@intel.com>
>
> Joonas, Tvrtko, Rodrigo, chime in now if you have any issues with that.
>

> BR,
> Jani.

  Last update: 2022-04-14 01:14    [W:1.642 / U:0.580 seconds]