SubjectRe: Regression from 3c196f056666 ("drm/amdgpu: always reset the asic in suspend (v2)") on suspend?
From
On 21.03.22 13:07, Éric Valette wrote:
> My problem has never been fixed.
>
> The proposed patch has been applied to 5.15. I do not remerber which version 28 maybe.
>
> I still have à RIP in pm_suspend. Did not test the Last two 15 versions.
>
> I can leave with 5.10 est using own compiled kernels.
>
> Thanks for asking.

This thread/the debian bug report
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1005005 ) is getting
long which makes things hard to grasp. But to me it looks a lot like the
problem you are facing is different from the problem that others ran
into and bisected -- but I might be totally wrong there. Have you ever
tried reverting 3c196f056666 to seem if it helps (sorry if that's
mentioned in the bug report somewhere, as I said, it became long)? I
guess a bisection from your side really would help a lot; but before you
go down that route you might want to give 5.17 and the latest 5.15.y
kernel a try.

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I'm getting a lot of
reports on my table. I can only look briefly into most of them and lack
knowledge about most of the areas they concern. I thus unfortunately
will sometimes get things wrong or miss something important. I hope
that's not the case here; if you think it is, don't hesitate to tell me
in a public reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record
straight.

  Last update: 2022-03-21 15:33    [W:0.097 / U:0.868 seconds]