SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Folio patches for 5.18 (MM part)
On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 04:38:22PM +0100, David Hildenbrand wrote:

> >> After verifying that I'm not daydreaming [1] (and realizing that I had
> >> review comments to some of these patches that have not been resolved
> >> yet) and also not spotting these change in your changelog above, I
> >> assume this stuff was included by mistake. NACK to merging
> >> DEVICE_COHERENT at this point.
> >>
> >> [1] https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20220310172633.9151-1-alex.sierra@amd.com
> >
> > That patch ("split vm_normal_pages for LRU and non-LRU handling") isn't
> > included in this pull request. The patches I have were those sent by
> > Christoph here:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20220210072828.2930359-1-hch@lst.de/
> >
> > I can drop any patches that you have objections to, but I don't see
> > any objections from you to any patches in that list.
>
> Well, I was discussing with the original authors about how to proceed.
>
> Quoting from:
>
> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/1747447c-202d-9195-9d44-57f299be48c4@amd.com
>
> "
> Yes, it should be part of that series. Alex developed it on top of the
> series for now. But I think eventually it would need to be spliced into it.

It wasn't clear to me that you were talking about this series.

> Patch1 would need to go somewhere before the other DEVICE_COHERENT
> patches (with minor modifications). Patch 2 could be squashed into
> "tools: add hmm gup test for long term pinned device pages" or go next
> to it. Patch 3 doesn't have a direct dependency on device-coherent
> pages. It only mentions them in comments.
> "
>
> I can understand that Christoph included a rebased version in his rework
> (to keep it working in -next and/or help the original authors?), but to
> me that doesn't mean that the feature is finally done.

OK, so you object to the last 12 patches from Alistair and Alex? And
you're OK with the preceeding 15 patches from Christoph? I can put
together a pull request for that combination.

  Last update: 2022-03-21 17:55    [W:0.121 / U:0.024 seconds]