SubjectRe: Is it time to remove reiserfs?
Hi,

I just noticed the thread about ReiserFS deprecation. We are currently
still using ReiserFS on ca. 50 production machines of the NorNet Core
infrastructure (https://www.nntb.no/). While newer machines use BTRFS
instead, the older machines had ReiserFS used, due to its stability and
better performance in comparison to ext4. At their installation time, we
did not consider BTRFS being mature enough. A deprecation period of ca.
5 years from now seems to be reasonable, although it would be nice to
have at least a read-only capability available for some longer time, for
the case it becomes necessary to read an old ReiserFS file system on a
newer system.

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

Thomas Dreibholz

SimulaMet — Simula Metropolitan Centre for Digital Engineering
Centre for Resilient Networks and Applications
Pilestredet 52
0167 Oslo, Norway
E-Mail: dreibh@simula.no
Homepage: http://simula.no/people/dreibh

  Last update: 2022-03-17 09:54    [W:0.124 / U:0.584 seconds]