SubjectRe: kselftest tree on kernelci.org
On 2/3/22 11:19 AM, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> On 02/02/2022 15:23, Shuah Khan wrote:
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>

> I see these 4 branches (fixes, next, kunit, kunit-fixes) are all
> merged into linux-next. So it seems like the best thing to do
> would be to cover them with a very lightweight number of builds and
> tests focused on what they are about: only run kselftest on the
> fixes and next branches, and only KUnit on kunit and kunit-fixes.
> At the moment, KUnit is not run by kernelci.org (coming soon) so I
> think we could just add the next branch for kselftest. Then
> linux-next will be tested with maximum coverage anyway so if
> something subtle gets missed with the early tests it should get
> caught the following day at the latest with linux-next.
>
>>> Many things could potentially be done with arbitrary builds and
>>> tests etc.  These are some initial suggestions.  How does this
>>> sound?

Sounds good to me. The things that tend to break are:

- test builds at times due to seemingly innocuous changes to fix
static analysis warnings. build test is good for catching these
-

>> Sounds great to me. Since selftest patches flow through various
>> subsystem trees, having kernelci keep an eye is great. This would
>> be another pair of eyes in addition to occasional tests I run and
>> Linaro (LKTP) monitoring next.
>>
>> How often do you send reports - I will watch out for them. Thanks
>> again for taking the initiative to add kselftest to kernelci.
>
> Builds and tests are run every time a new revision is detected on
> the branches being monitored. Then when they complete, a report
> is sent. It can take a while, but with a small number of builds
> you could get results within an hour. We could get the reports
> sent to the linux-kselftest mailing list and your own address if
> you want.

Please send it to my email address as well.

> Also this configuration is all under source control on GitHub so
> feel free to make changes to it in the future as you see fit.

Will do.

thanks,
-- Shuah

  Last update: 2022-02-03 23:49    [W:0.071 / U:0.104 seconds]