SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] pin control fixes for the v5.17 series
On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 8:15 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Well, part of me being confused is that I've literally seen you reply
> with 'patch applied' to the fixes.. Ie:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CACRpkdZ1nFAmzRvsvKvZ08fsP_MgsnsiNpD7LdRRXUDWtO_w=Q@mail.gmail.com/
>
> but then I didn't get the result.
>
> Afaik, that patch is only relevant if you applied the previous fix
> ("pinctrl-sunxi: use the right offset" or something like that).

Yes this is the issue, reading that patch series does not really make it
clear that it should be applied, also it gets into next through something that
is not my tree so I get a bit confused and feel a bit out of control here.

Anyways I will apply that patch:

> I get the feeling that you didn't realize that this was a 5.17 issue,
> and have maybe applied them to the wrong branch, and they are pending
> for the next merge window.

Indeed.

The Fixes tag on the latter patch refers to another commit
entirely so it was applied on its own merits, for next.

I'll take these two:

pinctrl-sunxi: sunxi_pinctrl_gpio_direction_in/output: use correct offset
pinctrl: sunxi: Use unique lockdep classes for IRQs

and put them into fixes, that should nail it.

Yours,
Linus Walleij

  Last update: 2022-02-28 23:51    [W:0.094 / U:0.484 seconds]