    SubjectRe: [syzbot] KASAN: use-after-free Read in dev_uevent
    On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 09:53:35AM +0100, gregkh@linuxfoundation.org wrote:
    > On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 09:06:13PM -0500, stern@rowland.harvard.edu wrote:
    > > >
    > > > It should be fixed by properly using the driver core to bind/unbind the
    > > > driver to devices like I mentioned previously :)
    > >
    > > This would involve creating a "gadget" bus_type (or should it be a
    > > device_type under the platform bus?) and registering the gadgets
    > > on it, right?.
    >
    > Yes. Or you can use the aux bus for this, which might be easier.
    >
    > > Similarly, the gadget drivers would be registered on
    > > this bus. I suppose we can control which drivers get bound to which
    > > gadgets with careful matching code.
    >
    > The aux bus might make this easier:
    > Documentation/driver-api/auxiliary_bus.rst

    Won't this end up changing the user-visible filenames and directories in
    sysfs for gadgets and gadget drivers?

    For instance, currently gadgets get registered under their UDC driver
    name, like "net2280" or "at91". If we put them on the aux bus then they
    will have to get registered under a name looking something like
    "udc.gadget.0", i.e., module name, generic device name, and ID number.

    We will be forced to use a generic device name because the aux bus does
    matching based on it, and we want every gadget driver to be able to
    match every UDC. We don't want some gadget drivers restricted to
    net2280 gadgets, others restricted to fotg210 gadgets, and so on.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2022-02-25 16:54    [W:3.024 / U:0.084 seconds]