SubjectRe: Set environment variable `KVM` makes build fail
From
Dear Zhouyi,

Am 13.02.22 um 09:07 schrieb Zhouyi Zhou:, and

> Thank you for your trust in me.

Thank you for your help.

> I think the following patch has a good explanation of what happened ;-)
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/tools/testing/selftests/rcutorture/bin/torture.sh?id=a7d89cfb8e1269cb6d22453adba56b8d0218589f
> "The torture-test scripting's long-standing use of KVM as the
> environment variable tracking the pathname of the rcutorture directory
> now conflicts with allmodconfig builds due to the
> virt/kvm/Makefile.kvm file's use of this as a makefile variable"

Indeed. In my script I had added the remote for the rcu git archive, but
forgot to actually fetch the objects and refs, and missed the error
message in the output.

Sorry for the noise, though the variable name should probably
namespaced, as at least for the name `KVM` the chance are higher (still
very small) that it’s set in the environment.

Kind regards,

Paul

  Last update: 2022-02-13 10:46    [W:0.046 / U:3.296 seconds]