SubjectRe: reply for ACPI: APEI: handle synchronous exceptions in task work
From

On 2022/12/7 PM8:56, Shuai Xue wrote:

> On 2022/12/7 PM5:54, Lv Ying wrote:
>> Hi Shuai Xue:
>>
>> I notice that we are both handling the same problem, my patchset:
>> RFC: https://lkml.org/lkml/fancy/2022/12/5/364
>> RFC PATCH v1: https://lkml.org/lkml/2022/12/7/244
>> has CC to you
>
> I am glad to see that the community is trying to address the same problems,
> I have replied to your RFC version.
>
>> Yingwen's proposal in 2022/12/06[1]:
>> Add Bit 8 in "Common Platform Error Record" -> "Section Descriptor" ->
>> Flags (which Now, Bit 8 through 31 – Reserved)
>>
>> [1] https://members.uefi.org/wg/uswg/mail/thread/9453
>>
>> Yingwen's proposal makes distinguish synchronous error by CPER report more
>> easy, however, it's not supported yet.
>> Looking forward to your reply if there is any progress on the proposal and
>> your suggestions about my patchset.
>
> Yes, it is not supported yet. So we separated synchronous error handling into
> task work based on a similar flag internally.
>
> We submitted the proposal last month after discussed with Tony. But there
> is still no progress, I will update it here in time.
>
> Cheers,
> Shuai

By the way, if you agree with the proposal, please vote to approve it in UEFI community
with your right on behalf of your organization, then we can make it happen soon. :)

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shuai

  Last update: 2022-12-07 15:07    [W:0.188 / U:0.504 seconds]