SubjectRe: fw_fallback.sh test failed in Debian 11
On Fri, Dec 02, 2022 at 08:29:15AM -0800, Russ Weight wrote:

> On 12/1/22 22:02, Zhou, Jie2X wrote:
> >> The above message looks like the problem. Firmware sysfs fallback has been turned off
> >> on this system using sysctl. Can you try turning it on and rerunning the test?
> > Sorry, I don't know how to turn on firmware sysfs fallback.
> > Could you tell me?
>
> Take a look at the kernel documentation (https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.0/driver-api/firmware/fallback-mechanisms.html) which says, "This syfs fallback mechanism may be disabled completely on a system by setting the proc sysctl value ignore_sysfs_fallback to true."
>
> Also refer to the sysctl man page: https://manpages.debian.org/testing/procps/sysctl.8.en.html.

I often see folks mis-running selftests, even thougggh in theory it
should be easy. And so I've added initial kernel selftests support to kdevops:

https://github.com/linux-kdevops/kdevops

So try to enable the selftests dedicated workflow, enable the firmware
test, enable building a linux-next kernel and go to town:

make menuconfig
make
make linux # installs linux-next
make selftests # builds selftests
make selftests-firwmare # runs the selftests for firmware

I think we have to up our timeout now for the firmware loader as its
currently failing as the tests now take a bit too long. Anyone oppose we
bump the firmware selftests to 200s ?

Luis

  Last update: 2022-12-08 03:33    [W:0.047 / U:0.420 seconds]