SubjectRe: [syzbot] WARNING in do_mkdirat
On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 04:48:34PM +0100, 'Aleksandr Nogikh' via syzkaller-bugs wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, and we regret the inconvenience this may have caused.
>
> We've deployed a simple short term solution to the immediate issue:
> syzbot will extract the involved filesystems from reproducers and use
> this information to construct the email subject line and Cc the
> related people/mailing lists. This should take effect starting next
> week.
>
> That being said, in response to the original feedback we have already
> been planning comprehensive improvements to the subsystem selection
> process that will support more than just filesystems. But
> unfortunately, this is going to take longer to become available.

Thanks Aleksandr. From what I can see, the fix is working for new filesystem
bugs: the filesystem(s) involved get added to the title and the recipients.

One question: what happens to all the open bugs, like this one ("WARNING in
do_mkdirat") that were reported before the syzbot fix? Are they going to be
re-reported correctly? Perhaps any bug whose reproducer includes
"syz_mount_image" and was reported before the date of this fix should be
invalidated more aggressively than usual, so that it can be re-reported?

- Eric

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:23    [W:0.108 / U:0.860 seconds]