SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 6.2-rc1 (#2)
On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:20:50 +0100,
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 2:41 AM Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > A few more updates for 6.2 since the last PR: most of changes are
> > about ASoC device-specific fixes.
> >
> > - Lots of ASoC Intel AVS extensions and refactoring
>
> Hmm. This doesn't exactly seem to be fixes.
>
> It does seem to have been in linux-next, so I don't hate it, but I'm
> not super-happy about the timing of this all.
>
> I really was hoping that the last few days of the merge window had
> been for actual fixes rather than for new development.

To be fair, those patches have been submitted and merged to ASoC
subtree already before the merge window opened, but it was slipped
from my first PR that was sent earlier due to my vacation, and now
they were caught in this second PR. So it'd be only me to be blamed
to submit a PR at a late date and not mention that.

In anyway, those should have been cooked enough long in linux-next,
so I don't think we need to worry too much.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:19    [W:0.044 / U:1.428 seconds]