SubjectRe: BUG: arm64: missing build-id from vmlinux
From
Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. CCing the regression
mailing list, as it should be in the loop for all regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html

On 18.12.22 21:51, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> The changes in https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/166783716442.32724.935158280857906499.b4-ty@kernel.org/T/
> result in vmlinux no longer having a build-id.

FWIW, that's 994b7ac1697b ("arm64: remove special treatment for the link
order of head.o") from Masahiro merged through Will this cycle.

> At the least, this
> causes rpm builds to fail. Reverting the patch does bring back a
> build-id, but there may be a different way to fix the regression

Makes me wonder if other distros or CIs relying on the build-id are
broken, too.

Anyway, the holiday season is upon us, hence I also wonder if it would
be best to revert above change quickly and leave further debugging for 2023.

Masahiro, Will, what's your option on this?

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.

#regzbot ^introduced 994b7ac1697b
#regzbot title arm64: missing build-id in vmlinux breaks at leas
Fedora's kernel packaging
#regzbot ignore-activity

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:16    [W:0.058 / U:0.024 seconds]