SubjectRE: Intel timed i/o driver in HTE
Date

Intel timed i/o is mainly intended for couple of functionalities.

1. Input event capture with timestamping
2. Generate single shot or periodic pulse train

Use cases :
a. This has multiple uses like capturing trigger time and event count
b. Calculate periodicity in case of periodic signal on input pin
c. Most importantly, precise time synchronization between devices/sub-systems
Ex : Share precise time from a GPS receiver to the network or
Synchronize processor clock with external signal.

> Yours,
> Linus Walleij

Regards,
Pandith

  Last update: 2022-11-29 19:11    [W:0.129 / U:0.956 seconds]