SubjectRe: git send-email friendly smtp provider anyone?
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:48:52PM +0100, Noralf Trønnes wrote:
> A couple of years ago my email provider blocked me from using git
> send-email with their smtp server. So I switched to the one my ISP
> provides. Now my ISP have outsourced their email service so the first 3
> emails gets through and the rest looks like it ends up in a tar pit or
> something, 18 hours later and 5 of 7 emails have gotten through. I have
> asked them about this, but I fear the answer will be this is not
> supported since they now don't have the service in-house anymore. I'm
> waiting for a reply.
>
> Today I tried sendinblue.com since they have a free plan, but they
> insert <br> in the emails so that didn't work out. They also have some
> kind of queue, after 1 hour 6 of 7 emails have gotten through.
>
> Does anyone have an smtp provider to recommend that works with git
> send-email and that sends out all the emails at once?

I'm using fastmail and am very happy about it so far.

Otherwise, you might consider using:
https://b4.docs.kernel.org/en/latest/contributor/send.html#authenticating-with-the-web-submission-endpoint

Maxime

  Last update: 2022-11-21 16:22    [W:0.109 / U:1.084 seconds]