SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the security tree with Linus' tree
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 4:56 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@rothwell.id.au> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:47:18 -0500 Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com> wrote:
> >
> > I asked this on a previous conflict but never received an answer so
> > I'll ask it one more time: is there a recommended way to notify
> > linux-next of an upcoming conflict? I generally notice the merge
> > conflict within a few minutes of merging the patches into a -next
> > branch, and fix it shortly afterwards. I'm happy to provide a
> > heads-up, and a merge example, but I'm not sure what the process is
> > for that, if any. Or, would you simply prefer to notice it yourself?
> > I'm not bothered either way, I just thought you might appreciate the
> > heads-up.
>
> Sorry about that. Some maintainers will just send a "heads up" email
> with a suggested resolution patch (but I don't get very many). That
> can be very helpful for complicated (or non obvious) conflicts. I
> still generally look at how to fix them myself (and report them), but
> it can save me considerable time in particularly obscure cases.

Okay, I'll make a mental note to send a FYI to the linux-next list
next time I notice a merge conflict. The real trick will be to see if
I actually manage to remember the next time I see one ;)

--
paul-moore.com

  Last update: 2022-11-22 00:11    [W:0.053 / U:0.028 seconds]