SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the security tree with Linus' tree
On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 10:20 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the security tree got a conflict in:
>
> security/commoncap.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 8cf0a1bc1287 ("capabilities: fix potential memleak on error path from vfs_getxattr_alloc()")
>
> from Linus' tree and commit:
>
> f6fbd8cbf3ed ("lsm,fs: fix vfs_getxattr_alloc() return type and caller error paths")
>
> from the security tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the latter) and can carry the fix as
> necessary.

That's more or less what I've done with my builds, thanks Stephen.

I asked this on a previous conflict but never received an answer so
I'll ask it one more time: is there a recommended way to notify
linux-next of an upcoming conflict? I generally notice the merge
conflict within a few minutes of merging the patches into a -next
branch, and fix it shortly afterwards. I'm happy to provide a
heads-up, and a merge example, but I'm not sure what the process is
for that, if any. Or, would you simply prefer to notice it yourself?
I'm not bothered either way, I just thought you might appreciate the
heads-up.

--
paul-moore.com

  Last update: 2022-11-21 19:47    [W:0.045 / U:0.064 seconds]