SubjectRe: [RFC Patch net-next 0/6] net: dsa: microchip: add gPTP support for LAN937x switch
Date
Hi Arun,

On Thursday, 27 October 2022, 17:51:54 CEST, Arun.Ramadoss@microchip.com wrote:
> I tried to bring up the KSZ9563 setup following are my observation
> - With this patch series, I am getting the Null pointer exception.
> - After applying the patch provided by you, switch probe is successful.
>
> Usually I test the gPTP using the following command
> # ptp4l -f ~/ptp4l/gPTP.cfg -i lan1
>
> How did you test this PTP in your setup, so that I can also get the
> same result as below.

as the KSZ9563 supports no 2-step time stamping, I use 1-step with E2E.
The problem with E2E is, that the "master/slave" filter
on the KSZ9563 filters out some message types. In order to circumvent
this, I use the KSZ as slave_only for the first tests. Later I would like
to use P2P, but this requires additional implementation in the driver.

> > > Maybe this could be mentioned somewhere (e.g. extra line in file
> > > header of
> > > ksz_ptp.c).
>
> Sure, I will add it in the File Header in the next version.
thanks.

> I thought 1PPS and periodic output are same, So I sent the 1PPS patch.
> I need to look into periodic output.
I fell the same when I first started with PTP... But maybe you can use
same code for periodic output from my original patches.

regards,
Christian

  Last update: 2022-11-02 14:14    [W:1.874 / U:0.044 seconds]