SubjectRe: Question about 'for_each_kernel_tracepoint(...)' function
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 8:32 PM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 11:51:20 +0800
> richard clark <richard.xnu.clark@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 10:12 AM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> > > Looking at the code, I see it does indeed only look at builtin tracepoints.
> >
> > What the logic behind is not to implement a function like
> > 'for_each_tracepoints' instead of 'for_each_kernel_tracepoint' to find
> > all the TPs defined by both builtin kernel and external kernel
> > modules, just like we can find all the kernel symbols and exported
> > symbols from external module?
>
> Why? It's not needed upstream. If you push your code upstream and it's
> something to get accepted, then we can think about adding that.
>

> > > But if you want one module to have access to the tracepoints of another,
> > > then you can have the first one export it.
> > >
> > > EXPORT_SYMBOL_TRACEPOINT_GPL(function_event_a);
> > >
> > > And then module b should have access to it.
> > >
> > Yes, but module b needs to register a new probe call back function for
> > the new TPs defined by module a in my case, so first it needs to find
> > the TPs defined by module a. Any comments?
>
> No, because I have no idea what you are doing or why you need this.

I've noticed that we have a Runtime Verification module merged into
the mainline and very interesting, so I am trying to provide a monitor
for my events in module A, which means we need to register some new
probe call back functions for the TPs defined in the external kernel
modules. OK, I am writing this email just to confirm, maybe I need to
think about if I can add the external TPs into the
'for_each_kernel_tracepoint(...)' function...

Thanks!

> -- Steve

  Last update: 2022-10-22 04:56    [W:1.517 / U:0.928 seconds]