SubjectRE: [Patch v8 12/12] RDMA/mana_ib: Add a driver for Microsoft Azure Network Adapter
Date
> > For good reasons there are no abstract interface specifications in Linux
> kernel.
> > I was just wondering if it is good to leave concrete attributes which
> > are not
> > (yet?) reported at random. It is obviously working okay today for your
> > environment.
> > But memset zero everything you don't care about today might be just
> > safe to detect an unexpected interpretation of those fields in the future?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Bernard.
>
> Thank you for the pointer.
>
> I'm making the changes as you suggested.
>
> Long

Went through the code that IB upper layer calls query_xxx into lower driver.
It seems the upper layer always zero out the values (or set them) before calling.

I think we should be safe for the code as is.

  Last update: 2022-10-22 01:33    [W:0.234 / U:0.884 seconds]