SubjectRe: BISECT result: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 1:37 PM Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/22 16:45, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> > On 10/16/22 19:21, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> >>
> >> No Verneed warnings so far. However, I need to test for a longer time
> >> (a day) to check if any warnings are reported.
> >>

> > The regression still occurs with this patch applied. Let's see if
> > reverting the offending commit helps.
> >
> Sorry for speaking late about my triggering cause.
>
> As the background, on my Debian 11 computer, I have lxd snap installed.
> I use lxd to channel my sysadmin side by spinning up containers and
> installing server applications there (LAMP, email, DNS).
>
> Back to triggering cause. I can trigger the regression when the network
> connection drops (when Firefox shows connection problem page). Then
> I run `lxd list` to list container instances and I get the Verneed
> regression error.

This appears to be both deterministic, and appears to show something
happening in the Firefox snap triggers an error in the Lxd snap.

This will then not be a Squashfs issue. Firefox running in one
Squashfs filesystem
can't trigger a failure in another Squashfs filesystem. This has to be caused
by something else.

Thanks

Phillip

  Last update: 2022-10-17 19:28    [W:0.133 / U:0.808 seconds]