SubjectRe: Panic/lockup in z3fold_zpool_free
On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:34:50 +0200 Oleksandr Natalenko <oleksandr@natalenko.name> wrote:

> > > So far, I haven't reproduced this issue with your patch. I haven't run the machine sufficiently long, just under a week, so this is rather to let you know that I haven't abandoned testing.
> > >

> > Thanks for the update. Is this still going well, or reached a point
> > where you typically see the problem? I can still reproduce the original
> > problem so I may have to ping the patch again..
>
> So far, no issue observed with your patch.

Thanks.

It's actually unclear (to me) why Matthew's b653db77350c73 ("mm: Clear
page->private when splitting or migrating a page") was considered
necessary. What problem did it solve?

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20220906190602.1626037-1-bfoster@redhat.com/
is a partial undoing of that change, but should we simply revert
b653db77350c73?

  Last update: 2022-10-18 00:25    [W:0.124 / U:0.008 seconds]