SubjectRe: BISECT result: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7
From
On 17. 10. 2022. 04:03, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

> On 10/17/22 03:19, Phillip Lougher wrote:
>> On 16/10/2022 20:55, Phillip Lougher wrote:
>>> Tracking down bugs of this sort is always a process of elimination,
>>> and gathering information to pinpoint the exact circumstances of why
>>> it is triggering.
>>>
>>> Next step is to download the exact snap(s) where the problems are occurring, as this may provide some insights.
>>>
>>> I don't run Ubuntu, and I don't use snaps.  Can you provide the
>>> download link(s) of the snap(s) that cause problems?  If there's
>>> any firefox snaps that don't cause problems those will be useful
>>> too.
>>>
>> It appears there's a searchable "Snap Store" https://snapcraft.io,
>> but, it doesn't give any download links to the actual snaps which
>> is rather annoying.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get the download link?  I have not run
>> Ubuntu for over 14 years and have absolutely no wish to do so
>> now either.
> You need to have snapd installed, unfortunately.
>
> You can start the testing with hello-world snap, which can be installed
> with `snap install hello-world`. Then run the snap with `snap run
> hello-world`. After that, reboot and repeat until the regression
> occurs.
>
> You can also try other snaps. For GUI applications, try krita, gimp,
> gitkraken, and libreoffice. For server applications, try spinning up
> containers with lxd or store data with nextcloud.
>
> My guess is that the problem is in snapd when trying to execute
> snaps, hence all snaps are affected.

I can only report that bug persisted in 6.1-rc1 with the latest
Phillip's squashfs patch.

Have a nice day.

Mirsad

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac
Sistem inženjer

  Last update: 2022-10-17 04:43    [W:0.180 / U:1.504 seconds]