SubjectRe: BUG reproduced: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7
From
On 10. 10. 2022. 00:45, Slade Watkins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On 10/9/22 at 2:45 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Yeah, then it's pretty certain that his is a regression. But it could be
>> caused by all sorts of things and I have no idea where to start. We thus
>> really could need a bisection to find the root of the problem. This will
>> be hard, as this crash only happens infrequently. Thing is: the Ubuntu
>> developers likely have a strong interest in this particular issue and
>> due to their knowledge of snap have way better chances to pin-point the
>> root case quickly. So submitting a bug report to them might be the best
>> way forward in this situation, even if the kernel is likely at fault here.
> Thorsten,
> Yeah, agreed. I haven't had time to bisect -- though it's on my list of
> things to do: I'm going to try and make time tomorrow. Wish we had more
> of an idea of what exactly was happening here.
>
> Mirsad,
> I'd be happy to help with a report to the Ubuntu folks. :-)

Hi, Slade,

Actually, I think I the project would benefit if you shared your
experiences with
the Ubuntu folks. You know their English dialect.

This is not about the prestige, but about getting the bug fixed.

-mgt

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac
Sistem inženjer

  Last update: 2022-10-11 19:55    [W:0.111 / U:0.052 seconds]