SubjectRe: drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/mac.c:2238:29: warning: 'ath11k_peer_assoc_h_he_limit' reading 16 bytes from a region of size 0
Date
"Arnd Bergmann" <arnd@arndb.de> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022, at 6:54 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Naresh Kamboju <naresh.kamboju@linaro.org> writes:
>

>>> Build log: https://builds.tuxbuild.com/2F4W7nZHNx3T88RB0gaCZ9hBX6c/
>>
>> Thanks, I was able to reproduce it now and submitted a patch:
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/20221010160638.20152-1-kvalo@kernel.org/
>>
>> But it's strange that nobody else (myself included) didn't see this
>> earlier. Nor later for that matter, this is the only report I got about
>> this. Arnd, any ideas what could cause this only to happen on GCC 11?
>>
>> --
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/
>>
>> https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches
>
> No idea here, though I have not tried to reproduce it. This looks
> like a false positive to me, which might be the result of some
> missed optimization in the compiler when building with certain
> options. I see in the .config that KASAN is enabled, and this sometimes
> causes odd behavior like this. If it does not happen without KASAN,
> maybe report it as a bug against the compiler.

You guessed correctly, disabling KASAN makes the warning go away. So no
point of reporting this to GCC, thanks for the help!

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

  Last update: 2022-10-11 10:13    [W:0.059 / U:0.588 seconds]