SubjectRe: [net-next 12/18] net: mac802154: Handle scan requests
Hi,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 at 15:55, Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com> wrote:
> > rest in software is a bigger task here...
>
> On the symbol duration side I feel I'm close to a working PoC.

oh, ok.

> So there is 'only' this item left in my mind. Could you please clarify
> what you expect from me exactly in terms of support for the promiscuous
> filters we discussed so far?

I think for now it's okay to set the device into promiscuous mode and
enable the flag which checks for bad FCS... we can still implement the
filter modes later (and I think it should work on all supported
transceivers (except that SoftMAC/HardMAC thing)).

One point to promiscuous mode, currently we have a checking for if a
phy is in promiscuous mode on ifup and it would forbid to ifup a node
interface if the phy is in promiscuous mode (because of the missing
automatic acknowledgement). I see there is a need to turn the phy into
promiscuous mode during runtime... so we need somehow make sure the
constraints are still valid here. Maybe we even forbid multiple devs
on a phy if the transceiver/driver/firmware is poor and this is
currently all transceivers (except hwsim? But that doesn't use any ack
handling anyway).

> Also, just for the record,
> - should I keep copying the netdev list for v2?

yes, why not.

> - should I monitor if net-next is open before sending or do you have
> your own set of rules?

I need to admit, Stefan is the "Thanks, applied." hero here and he
should answer this question.

- Alex

  Last update: 2022-01-06 01:38    [W:0.110 / U:0.520 seconds]