SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 03:59:32PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 20:04:00 -0800 Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > This should be fixed by:
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/20220124172242.2410996-1-keescook@chromium.org/
> > (I was expecting this to be in netdev by now.)
> >
> > This should be fixed in:
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hardening/20220124172028.2410761-1-keescook@chromium.org/
> > (Again, this was expected to be in netdev by now.)
> >

> yeah, neither has made it yet. However, it would not have helped as I
> am merging the kspp tree very early so that new bugs get fixed in the
> trees that introduce them. These 2 are in Linus tree (for a long time)
> and so it would be better if these fixes went int the net tree and then
> Linus' tree as bug fixes.

Okay, understood. I'll leave them in my tree until I see them duplicated
in their respective trees (or in Linus's tree).

> I will use these in the merge of the kspp tree from tomorrow until they
> appear earlier (or you could put them back in your tree). Cross tree
> dependencies are a pain :-( BTW Linus would have the same problem I
> am having if he merges your tree during the merge window before he
> merges the net-next tree ...

Yeah, I'm used to going "late" in the -rc1 from these kinds of things. :)

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook

  Last update: 2022-01-31 07:20    [W:0.047 / U:0.820 seconds]