SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ftrace tree
On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:02:58 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:58:08 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:16:33 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > What compiler are you using, because I built my branch against all archs
> > > and it didn't have an issue.
> >
> > gcc (Debian 10.3.0-11) 10.3.0
> > GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.37
> >
> > I am doing a native build on ppc64le.
> >
> > > I can try to see if it is with linux-next and something my tree has with
> > > other updates.
> >
> > Thanks. There are some changes in the kbuild tree that may interact, I
> > guess.
>
> It also presumably could depend on the actual kernel config being tested.

I can't reproduce it, and doing searches on this error, seems that it
happens "randomly". I haven't found what can cause it yet.

I don't have a way to build nativly, but if you send me your config, I
can still try to cross compile it to see if it triggers.

Does it fail on anything else?

-- Steve

  Last update: 2022-01-14 04:27    [W:0.149 / U:0.060 seconds]