SubjectRe: [git pull] drm for 5.17-rc1 (pre-merge window pull)
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 10:12 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:

> nouveau_fence.c is the only conflict I've seen and I've taken the result from
> our rerere cache in the merge above. It's non trivial, would be good to have
> Christian confirm it as well.

Thanks, that conflict really ended up being one that I would have done
very differently without having had that pointer to your reference
merge. And I would almost certainly have messed it up in the process.

So what I did was to look at your merge resolution (or possibly
Christian's? I don't know how you guys share your trees and the origin
of that rerere), and tried to understand it, and basically recreate
it.

It's not exactly the same (different whitespace and variable
lifetimes), but I think I got the gist of it.

Thanks for the pointer, and hopefully I didn't mess it up _despite_
your merge showing me what I should aim for ;)

Linus

  Last update: 2022-01-10 22:11    [W:0.089 / U:1.396 seconds]