SubjectRe: [RFC 10/20] iommu/iommufd: Add IOMMU_DEVICE_GET_INFO
Date
On 2021/9/30 16:49, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

I am trying to follow the discussion here. Please guide me if I didn't
get the right context.

Here, we are discussing arch_sync_dma_for_cpu() and
arch_sync_dma_for_device(). The x86 arch has clflush to sync dma buffer
for device, but I can't see any instruction to sync dma buffer for cpu
if the device is not cache coherent. Is that the reason why x86 can't
have an implementation for arch_sync_dma_for_cpu(), hence all devices
are marked coherent?

> Thanks
> Kevin

Best regards,
baolu

  Last update: 2021-09-30 15:44    [W:0.295 / U:2.064 seconds]