[lkml]   [2021]   [Aug]   [21]   [last100]   RSS Feed

>>> On 8/19/21 11:44 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 07:08:34 +0200,
>>>> Randy Dunlap wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am having problems getting audio working on my computer:
>>>>>
>>>>> 00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device f1c8
>>>>>
>>>>> I did an internet search that said that I would need 5.13 or later to
>>>>> have support for this device.
>>>>
>>>> The above is Cometlake-H, and it pretty much depends on the machine
>>>> configuration.
>>>>
>>>>> openSUSE 15.3 kernel 5.3.18-59.19-default says:
>>>>>
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0: autoconfig for ALC233: line_outs=1 (0x1b/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:line
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x21/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    inputs:
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Mic=0x1a
>>>>> snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Mic=0x19
>>>>>
>>>>> but produces no sound output.
>>>>
>>>> FWIW, openSUSE Leap 15.3 kernel is based on 5.3 but got tons of
>>>> backports, hence its HD-audio part is almost equivalent with 5.13 or
>>>> later kernel (except for the recently changed mute-LED handling --
>>>> which must be irrelevant with your problem).
>>>>
>>>> The above indicates that the codec is detected and set up.  The rest
>>>> part is often some vendor-specific quirks.  For that, details are
>>>> missing completely.  At best please give alsa-info.sh output (run the
>>>> script with --no-upload and attach the output).
>>>>
>>>
>>> Oh, of course. Now attached.
>> I see that the Headphone mixer switch is off by some reason.
>> But it should have been toggled by PulseAudio.
>> You can test like:
>>    amixer -c0 set "Headphone" unmute
> Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
>   Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
>   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
>   Limits: Playback 0 - 87
>   Mono:
>   Front Left: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
>   Front Right: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
>> Also, just to be sure: did you install both pulseaudio and pipewire?
>> They may conflict.
> Yes. pipewire is now gone.
> Still no sound but I might need to restart...

Rebooting didn't help any. I didn't know what to try next,
so I did the easy thing: use Yast Sound to delete the device
configuration and then reconfigure it.
Fortunately that fixed it and the sound device is now working.

I had not use Yast Sound to configure the device. Maybe
pipewire did that automatically? although I never ran
pipewire.

Anyway, it is all good now. Thanks for your help.

~Randy

Last update: 2021-08-21 21:15    [W:0.041 / U:0.016 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site