SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] tracing: Fixes and clean ups for v5.14
On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 7:33 AM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> That was my take too, when this was first addressed:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210730204050.46975ae2@oasis.local.home/
>

> > The commit message talks about "some compilers/analyzers" without any
> > explanation, and the "Link:" thing doesn't link to anything useful
> > either.
>
> I should have added the above link. :-/

Even the above link doesn't explain it to me.

What is it that gives this crazy garbage warning?

It looks like Randy Dunlap compiles with the '-Wmain' flag, and then
complains about it hurting.

It's a classic case of "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I hit myself in
the head with an ice pick".

The solution is not to take some Ibuprofen.

The solution is DON'T DO THAT THEN.

People who build with W=2 or some other crazy thing need to understand
that the bad warnings it exposes are not kernel problems, they are
THEIR problems.

Linus

  Last update: 2021-08-12 19:56    [W:0.048 / U:0.452 seconds]