SubjectRe: [syzbot] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context in _copy_to_iter

On 8/10/21 2:19 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> On 8/9/21 10:31 PM, Shoaib Rao wrote:
>> On 8/9/21 1:09 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
>>> I am guessing that even your test would trigger the warning,
>>> if you make sure to include CONFIG_DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP=y in your kernel build.
>> Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer, have you ever over looked at something when coding?
>>
> I _think_ I was trying to help, not shaming you in any way.
How did the previous email help? I did not get any reply when I asked
what could be the cause.

> My question about spinlock/mutex was not sarcastic, you authored
> 6 official linux patches, there is no evidence for linux kernel expertise.

That is no measure of someones understanding. There are other OS's as
well. I have worked on Solaris and other *unix* OS's for over 20+ years.
This was an oversight on my part and I apologize, but instead of
questioning my expertise it would have been helpful to say what might
have caused it.

Shoaib

  Last update: 2021-08-10 20:13    [W:0.148 / U:1.288 seconds]