SubjectRE: Programming PASID in IMS entries
Date

it's not necessary, if in the end we still need a helper to set PASID to
struct msi_desc. It doesn't matter whether this PASID is default or for
vSVA. Just let device driver to pick whatever ID is necessary to mark
the entry.

> > > 2. Create an API which device drivers can call, to program the PASID
> > > (PASID provided by the driver) on a per-irq basis. This API is to be
> > > called after msi_domain_alloc_irqs and will write to the corresponding
> > > msi_desc->pasid entry. (Assumption: For now, all devices will have the
> > > same IMS format). for e.g:
> > >
> > > msi_desc_set_pasid (irq, pasid) {
> > >
> > > struct msi_desc *desc = irq_get_msi_desc(irq);
> > >
> > > desc->pasid = pasid;
> > >
> > > }
> >
> > That interface should be opaque probably with an u64 argument so it can
> > be reused for Jason's VM-id. Jason?
>
> Well, I certainly wouldn't put any IDXD specific words like PASID in
> the general API. The comingling of PASID with the rest of the IRQ
> registers is entirely a device specific choice.
>
> Most likely something like mlx5 is going to want to associate a
> pointer with the irq, and I believe it could use a struct device just
> fine.

Agree. Better call it source_id or cookie?

Thanks
Kevin

  Last update: 2021-07-08 01:43    [W:0.166 / U:0.172 seconds]