SubjectRE: [net-next, v5, 08/11] net: sock: extend SO_TIMESTAMPING for PHC binding
Date
Hi Richard,

When several ptp virtual clocks are created, the ptp physical clock is guaranteed for free running.

What I think is, for timestamping, if no flag SOF_TIMESTAMPING_BIND_PHC, the timestamping keeps using ptp physical clock.
If application wants to bind one ptp virtual clock for timestamping, the flag SOF_TIMESTAMPING_BIND_PHC should be set and clock index should be provided.
After all, several ptp virtual clocks created are likely for different timescale/use case. There should be a method for any of applications to select the right one to use.

Does it make sense?
Thank you.

> Thanks,
> Richard

  Last update: 2021-07-05 10:20    [W:0.077 / U:0.320 seconds]