SubjectRE: [GIT PULL] vboxsf fixes for 5.14-1
Date

Hi Linus! Great to hear your feedback and clarifications on our ntfs3 code.
Greatly appreciated.
From our side, we can confirm that we will be maintaining this implementation.
Also, this is planned to be in fs/ntfs3 at this point, at least for now - until the code
and implementation becomes known and trusted within community. And then
we can discuss if it should replace the fs/ntfs and when it's convenient to do.

> We simply don't have anybody to funnel new filesystems - the fsdevel
> mailing list is good for comments and get feedback, but at some point
> somebody just needs to actually submit it, and that's not what fsdevel
> ends up doing.

Thanks for this clarification as well. This piece of infromation has not been really
clear for us until now.
We've just sent the 27th patch series which fixes to the buildability against
current linux-next. And we'll need several days to prepare a proper pull request
before sending it to you.

> The argument that "it's already in a much better state than the old
> ntfs driver" may not be a very strong technical argument (not because
> of any Paragon problems - just because the old ntfs driver is not
> great), but it _is_ a fairly strong argument for merging the new one
> from Paragon.
>
> And I don't think there has been any huge _complaints_ about the code,
> and I don't think there's been any sign that being outside the kernel
> helps.
>
> Linus

  Last update: 2021-07-30 17:56    [W:0.129 / U:0.024 seconds]