    Subjectv5.14-rc3-rt1 losing wakeups?
    On Fri, 2021-07-30 at 13:07 +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
    > Dear RT folks!
    >
    > I'm pleased to announce the v5.14-rc3-rt1 patch set.

    Damn, I was hoping to figure out wth is going on before the 62 patch
    version of tglx/rtmutex branch made its way out into the big wide
    world, but alas, I was too slow.

    I started meeting GUI hangs as soon as I merged the 62 patch series
    into my 5.13-rt based master tree. I took tglx/rtmutex (977db8e523f5)
    back to 5.13-rt to make sure it wasn't some booboo I had made in the
    rolled forward tree, but the hangs followed the backport, and I just
    met them in virgin v5.14-rc3-rt1, so unfortunately it wasn't some local
    booboo, there's a bug lurking. Maybe a config sensitive one, as what
    I'm seeing on my box seems unlikely to escape into the wild otherwise.

    First symptom is KDE/Plasma's task manager going comatose. Notice soon
    enough with a !lockdep kernel, and I can crashdump, or rather I can
    with my 5.13-rt based kernel, a dump from shiny new rt1 can't be loaded
    by crash for some reason. The local tree dumps I've looked at haven't
    been helpful anyway, box at a glance looks fine. With lockdep enabled,
    a failing kernel gets so buggered it isn't even able to crashdump.

    config attached. Oh, a lockdep enabled kernel fails sooner, but both
    fail here fairly quickly.

    -Mike
    [unhandled content-type:application/gzip]

      Last update: 2021-07-30 17:23    [W:7.413 / U:0.032 seconds]