SubjectRe: MTD: How to get actual image size from MTD partition
Hi Richard,

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 18:16, Richard Weinberger
<richard.weinberger@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 1:11 PM Pintu Agarwal <pintu.ping@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 02:24, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at> wrote:
> > >
> > > ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> > >
> > > From that command line I understand that you are *not* using squashfs on top of UBI.
> > > You use mtdblock. ubiblock is a mechanism to turn an UBI volume into a read-only
> > > block device.
> > > See: http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_ubiblock

[snip]

Ouch, so surprised that after all these years someone is doing squashfs/mtdblock
instead of using ubiblock :-)

Can we patch either Kconfig or add some warn_once on mtdblock
usage, suggesting to use ubiblock instead?

I remember there was still some use case(s) for mtdblock but I can't remember
now what was it, perhaps we should document the expectations?
(Is that for JFFS2 to mount?)

Thanks,
Ezequiel

  Last update: 2021-07-29 13:19    [W:0.064 / U:0.268 seconds]