SubjectRe: [bug report] iommu_dma_unmap_sg() is very slow then running IO from remote numa node
Date
On 28/07/2021 02:32, Ming Lei wrote:
>>> The improvement from 'iommu.strict=0' is very small:
>>>
>> Have you tried turning off the IOMMU to ensure that this is really just
>> an IOMMU problem?
>>
>> You can try setting CONFIG_ARM_SMMU_V3=n in the defconfig or passing
>> cmdline param iommu.passthrough=1 to bypass the the SMMU (equivalent to
>> disabling for kernel drivers).
> Bypassing SMMU via iommu.passthrough=1 basically doesn't make a difference
> on this issue.

A ~90% throughput drop still seems to me to be too high to be a software
issue. More so since I don't see similar on my system. And that
throughput drop does not lead to a total CPU usage drop, from the fio log.

Do you know if anyone has run memory benchmark tests on this board to
find out NUMA effect? I think lmbench or stream could be used for this.

Testing network performance in an equivalent fashion to storage could
also be an idea.

Thanks,
John

> And from fio log, submission latency is good, but completion latency
> is pretty bad,
> and maybe it is something that writing to PCI memory isn't committed to HW in
> time?

  Last update: 2021-07-28 12:39    [W:0.282 / U:0.116 seconds]