SubjectRe: renesas/master bisection: baseline-nfs.bootrr.rockchip-usb2phy0-probed on rk3399-gru-kevin
Hi Guillaume et al,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 8:05 AM Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@collabora.com> wrote:
> Please see the bisection report below about usb2phy failing to
> probe on rk3399-gru-kevin.
>
> Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
> trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
> looks valid.

Thanks for your report!

> The bisection was run in the Renesas tree but the same regression
> is present in mainline for both usb2phy0 and usb2phy1 devices:

Exactly, the faulty commit is part of v5.14-rc1.

> > Breaking commit found:

> > commit 8c3d64251ac5c5a3d10364f6b07d3603ac1e7b4a
> > Author: Johan Jonker <jbx6244@gmail.com>
> > Date: Tue Jun 1 18:47:59 2021 +0200
> >
> > arm64: dts: rockchip: rename nodename for phy-rockchip-inno-usb2

P.S. KernelCI is sending lots of reports to linux-reneas-soc[1] for
(a) issues on non-Renesas platforms[2], and
(b) issues not originating in the renesas-devel tree, like this one.

Suggestions for improvement:
1. If a regression is detected in an upstream tree, there is no
need to report it for downstream trees, unless it affects
the downstream tree, or originated there.
2. If a regression is detected for a platform, there is no need
to report it for different platform trees, unless it originated
there.

BTW, I do look at the reports for Renesas platforms, but usually I
don't see what's wrong, and the same platform works fine locally.
Note that yesterday and today I get "Error while loading data from the
server (error code: 500). Please contact the website administrator".

Thanks!

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-renesas-soc/?q=kernelci.org
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-renesas-soc/60ff86ff.1c69fb81.dfe6f.6a7c@mx.google.com/

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2021-07-28 10:18    [W:0.057 / U:1.096 seconds]