SubjectRe: [RFC 0/4] open/accept directly into io_uring fixed file table
在 2021/7/7 下午7:39, Pavel Begunkov 写道:
> Implement an old idea allowing open/accept io_uring requests to register
> a newly created file as a io_uring's fixed file instead of placing it
> into a task's file table. The switching is encoded in io_uring's SQEs
> by setting sqe->buf_index/file_index, so restricted to 2^16-1. Don't
> think we need more, but may be a good idea to scrap u32 somewhere
> instead.
>
> From the net side only needs a function doing __sys_accept4_file()
> but not installing fd, see 2/4.
>
> Only RFC for now, the new functionality is tested only for open yet.
> I hope we can remember the author of the idea to add attribution.

Great feature! I believe this one leverages linked sqes, we may need to
remind users to be careful when they use this feature in shared sqthread
mode since linked sqes may be splited.
> Pavel Begunkov (4):
> io_uring: allow open directly into fixed fd table
> net: add an accept helper not installing fd
> io_uring: hand code io_accept()' fd installing
> io_uring: accept directly into fixed file table

> include/linux/socket.h | 3 +
> include/uapi/linux/io_uring.h | 2 +

  Last update: 2021-07-21 09:25    [W:0.093 / U:0.092 seconds]